If you love buffalo chicken dip, you have to try this keto buffalo chicken casserole for dinner! Loaded with chicken and cauliflower in a spicy buffalo sauce and covered in cheese. It’s so easy to make and slightly addicting with only 2.5g net carbs!
I can still remember the first time I had buffalo chicken dip at a party. It was the most delicious thing I’ve ever eaten. Since then I’ve seen many people make it many different ways but they are all good to me.
However today I wanted it for dinner so I came up with this keto buffalo chicken casserole. Oh it is so good, I ate two servings and froze the rest so I couldn’t eat more. It’s spicy, creamy, cheesy and pure low carb comfort food not to mention easy to make.
BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
There are so many different variations of buffalo chicken dip but today I was making a basic one with cooked chicken breast, cauliflower, cream cheese, garlic, cheddar and hot sauce. I was going to put egg and butter in it too but changed my mind at the last minute and used heavy cream instead.
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
This is very simple so let’s get started by cooking the cauliflower in the microwave for 5 minutes. While that’s cooking, melt the cream cheese, buffalo sauce and garlic in a skillet. Whisk to combine and then add in the chicken.
When the cauliflower is done, add that to the chicken mixture and the spoon into a sprayed cooking dish. Then pour the heavy cream over top.
Now it’s cheese time and I opted to put all of the cheese on top. However you can also mix half of it in the chicken mixture if you wish.
So top it off with cheddar cheese and bake for about 30 minutes. By the way I like to use the blocks of cheddar cheese and grate it myself for less carbs and a better taste.
RECIPE TIPS AND NOTES
- Precook the cauliflower and use rotisserie chicken to cut down on time. I like to buy rotisserie chicken and freeze the chopped cooked chicken for dishes like this.
- You can mix half of the cheddar cheese in with the chicken mixture or just use it all on top. I opted to use it all on top.
- You can use any kind of hot sauce you want. I bought most of the ingredients at Aldi so I used their brand of hot sauce. Note this is a bit spicy so you can use less or more according to your tastes.
- The cauliflower is what makes this dish more of a casserole than a dip. It also gives it more volume but keeping the carbs down so you can eat more!
FREEZING TIPS FOR A LOW CARB LUNCH
As I mentioned above, I ate 2 of the 4 servings of this casserole. Then I spooned the rest into plastic containers and placed in the freezer. Now I have them on hand for a low carb lunch or dinner. To eat them, I just heat them up for about 3-5 minutes in the microwave.
This has been so helpful for when I don’t have time to make a low carb lunch or dinner. Casseroles are great dishes to freeze individual servings for later.
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I didn’t even get a chance to try this out on my husband as I’m hoarding it in the freezer for me. Next time I make it though I will share. Maybe. 🙂 The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
390 cals / 24.8g fat / 4.g carbs / 1.5g fiber / 32g protein = 2.5g net carbs
Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (like Frank's or Red Hot)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 400 for 30 minutes and 5 minutes for cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time add the cream cheese, hot sauce and garlic to a skillet. Whisk and when the cream cheese has melted, add in the chicken and cauliflower. Mix well and take off stove.
- Spray a baking dish and spoon the mixture in and smooth out. The pour the heavy cream over the top and next sprinkle the cheddar cheese.
- Pop in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until it's nice and browned on top.
- Let cool a bit before eating.
Would you like to know exactly what to Eat to Lose Fat?
I will explain how to lose weight on a keto diet. How fast should you expect to lose weight?…
Want To Try The Keto Diet?
If you’re ready to try out the Keto Lifestyle check out our 30-Day Keto Diet Meal Plan for Beginners.
It has everything you need to know to get started with Keto, including recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as a bunch of delicious snacks, best of all it’s FREE!. Check it out here